Pages

7.10.11

Sukjai

Blogging to distract self from mounting pile of assignments and oncoming exams ...

This is from a couple of weeks ago. Right after I went to see The Lion King in 3D, which I highly recommend only to see it in cinema form not really for the 3D.


Sukjai is a Thai restaurant on Pitt Street in Sydney. On this particular Saturday night it wasn't too crowded. It's dimly lit inside, which I liked, but was kinda terrible for taking photos. I liked it because it gave the dining experience a bit of an intimate feel. If you know Pitt Street, then you know that right next to Sukjai is another Thai restaurant. My friend was deciding which one to go to and decide on Sukjai because of its walls.


I love when restaurants are decorated interestingly and I love groups of frames like that. It gave the restaurant an artsy feel. Melbourne-like. In trying to google the name and address of this restaurant for the purposes of this blog post I stumbled across the review by SMH where in the opening paragraph was this
someone utters the three magic words every Sydney diner wants to hear: ''It's like Melbourne!''
That was my first impression too. I wonder if anyone in Melbourne walks into a restaurant and goes "It's like Sydney!" Once, again am terrible blogger and did not remember the names. I don't know the names of the dishes except the green curry. But I suppose that was rather obvious.


Between 4 people, we had 3 dishes plus rice and it ended up being 13 dollars per person when we divided up the bill at the end of the night. Reasonably priced. Green curry very spicy but very good. Yeah, not much of a review or anything. If you want to eat at a pretty and atmospheric, Melbourne-like Thai restaurant then Sukjai is for you. Much better than the Thai-looking-like-a-fast-food-restaurant that I pass on the bus on the way to the train station. It's set out like an Oporto or a Macca's, where you order at the counter but for Thai food. It doesn't look too nice inside. Anyhoo ...


I was supposed to be starting an essay today ... but woke up so, so late. Hope the weather in Sydney clears up for the weekend! I want to go out!

  • Find Sukjai at 415 Pitt Street, Haymarket 2000.

Sukjai Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment