Pages

19.4.14

Korea - Day 3

On the heels of Friday night I woke up pretty early because we were going to Gyeongju to go to an orphanage. In the morning my friends told me about the previous night. If you don't recall, I got super drunk and don't remember a lot. The morning was a bit difficult for me. I felt terrible. Terrible hangover headache. My friend made me drink a hangover drink. Though, it was revealed, it's supposed to be taken before you go out and get super drunk.

Untitled

Dondaegu terminal. We were going to catch the KTX (Korea Train eXpress) to Geyongju.

Untitled

On the platform and look at that guy staring at me. I took a photo because odeng. Craving odeng right now.

Untitled
Untitled

That roll from Paris Baguette was so good. Paris Baguette is a bread shop and they have pre-packaged bread stuff like this. I think it's crab? Amazingly good. I was thinking at the time I should remember the taste so I can remake it but I'm not too great with recognising ingredients. Next time, Paris Baguette, next time.

Untitled

Arriving at Gyeongju! Look at the tree-covered hills!

Untitled

Second breakfast which I didn't finish. I felt super bad because it was a small restaurant and the owners could see. This was bibimguk (spicy cold noodles). It wasn't what I wanted to order because it was cold in the morning so I wanted something soupy.

We then headed to the bus terminal to catch a bus and then a taxi to Ulsan, to the orphanage. I didn't take any photos of the orphanage but it's called Ulsan Orphanage (95 per cent sure), if you want to look it up.

My friends have been volunteering there for a while. They go on Sundays and spend a couple of hours with the children. It's pretty tiring and the language barrier made it quite difficult. Apparently, some of them get dropped off there if their parents can't look after them for a while.

Untitled

Waffles! I want to say it's taro ice-cream in the middle.

Then back to Daegu for dinner.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Chicken, you so good!

To Be Continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment