Pages

20.5.14

Western Sydney Wanderers v Sanfrecce Hiroshima

I'm slow to get on the bandwagon regarding the Wanderers. Late last year I attended 2 of their matches and I wasn't aware of them until recently. I do remember though, back in 2012, a friend of mine told me that he had taken some photos of the Wanderer's new overseas signing Shinji Ono. I had no idea that Western Sydney Wanderers had even started up that year. I'm not great with sports.

Anyway, after watching the A-League Grand Final, where the Wanderers lost (and where I had my hands over my face and mouth screaming, so stessful), I recommitted to the team. Only then to realise that Shinji Ono was going to the leave the team after the current season. Then I found out that the Wanderers were still in the AFC Champions League and were flying off to Japan to play Sanfrecce Hiroshima and were then going to play them again in Parramatta the following week. And so, alone, I went. And I loved it. And I'm so happy I got to see not only Shinji Ono but Hersi and Polenz play for the Wanderers one last time. And they won. My favourite part was in extra time Hersi and Polenz had a corner and they were deliberating trying to get the ball kicked out to waste time. The best. Someone needs to gif that.

At first, I was a little self-conscious sitting along but then I realised, no one actually cared. Then I got so into the game. Especially in the 2nd half when the Wanderers were trying to get that 2nd goal and then after they did, making sure that Hiroshima didn't score. Stressful!

I only had my point and shoot camera with me, which for reference is the Samsung WB800F. The zoom is pretty good. The camera was on auto and did well most of the time.

I was sitting in Row B, on the East side of the stadium. The players were so close!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

After the game. Aww, the hugs.

Untitled
Untitled

I wonder if it'll be weird for the Wanderers to face former players who moved to a different club. Rumour has it Hersi is transferring to Perth Glory. Apparently, over money. I don't know the financial position of the club. It's only 2 years old and I think it's still owned by FFA (that's a big I THINK) (EDIT 31/05/2014: They've been sold!) so maybe they can't afford to keep players on? Which is a shame because I like to think that they loved being part of WSW but you know, monies.

Untitled

Also, after the game captain Michael Beauchamp and his kid on the pitch. It was so cute and adorable. The kid made it all the way to the goal and people left in the stadium clapped, which was super nice of them.

Untitled
Untitled

So, Wanderers until next season. In the meantime, WORLD CUP! Yay for being a causal soccer/football watcher!

No comments:

Post a Comment