Pages

25.6.11

Last Friday Night: The gu-E; Lindt Chocolat Cafe

My friends and I made plans for Friday night dinner. The gu-E at the top end of Dixon Street, the end furthest away from Market City, was where we ate. It seems to be relatively new. I think it used to be a Japanese restaurant and I remembered always wanting to try the yakiniku there but obviously I never did.

The gu-E

The gu-E is a Korean BBQ and degustation restaurant. There's a choice of a set course or a la carte. It's much prettier inside than your usual Korean restaurant. They don't have TV screens or music playing KPop, which my friend was really quite missing. XD They asked us which water we'd like. Still or sparkling. We opted for still and I heard my friend say "tap water". It came out it bottles. I forget if we had to pay for it, because I didn't get a good look at the receipt, or if it was complimentary. The waiter poured the water in our glasses for us. They came back to do this several times. At times they did the barbecue for us. Turning and cutting up the meat. They also distributed the kimchi jjigae for us into our individual bowls. I don't remember them doing it to any other table. Although, I don't think any other table was having barbecue.


A meat platter. I think it was from a separate menu than the one I found online. But yes, meat platter. At first it didn't look like much but in the end it turned out to be quite filling among 6 people.

Kimchi jjigae $15.00

Normal kimchi jjigae is what it tasted like. But I mean, how different can it taste? We seem to order it every time we have Korean food.

Side dishes. Only really the ate the kimchi and that cabbage looking thing in the top right corner.

Beef, mushroom and dumpling hot pot $33.00

This was pretty good for a cold winter's night. Those mushrooms were amazing and tofu! I love tofu. Glad we ordered it in the end because I was saying "no" to it because we never finish hot pot when we get it but we finished this one!


We split the bill evenly and it ended up being around 20-something dollars each. But were hesitant in ordering a lot of dishes because it was pricier than your casual Korean restaurant. But, hey, that left money and room for dessert!


On the way to the Lindt Cafe we walked through the newly opened Darling Quarter. Last time I walked past here it was all blocked off but now you can see grass and benches and a wide, wide walkway.

Lindt Hazelnut Waffle $16.00

Hot fudge sundae $16.00

And thus I left the city that night feeling full and heavy and bloated. XD Yay, for Friday nights! But now it's Saturday and I have nothing to do. ;P

  • Find The gu-E at 34/1 Dixon Street, Sydney 2000.
  • Find Lindt Chocolcat Cafe at 104-105 Cockle Bay Wharf, Darling Harbour, Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment