Pages

4.10.12

Sugar Hit at Shangri-La Hotel

I've always heard of, but never been to, the Sugar Hit part of the Crave Sydney International Food Festival. As part of the month long food fest you can eat assorted desserts coupled with a glass of wine for $20 at selected venues.

After dinner on Monday night, at a friend's suggestion and after googling, we headed to the Lobby Lounge at the Shangri-La Hotel in Sydney.

Untitled

According to the website "The Lobby Lounge offers a decadent chocolate tasting plate with an assortment of handmade chocolates infused with rose, Earl Grey, orange, lavender and Irish whisky; with a glass of Brown Brothers dessert wine."

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I am not the neatest eater. I was trying to figure out how to best eat these (also, could not figure out a good way to take a photo of the whole plate). In the end I ate with my hands. I did not know a good way to eat with just that fork. Also, I do not think the flowers are edible.

My favourite in that whole platter was that little chocolate, double layer dessert on the end with the puff-looking stuff on top (awesome blogger am I XD). There was an unexpected crunch when I got to the bottom and it was amazing.

SO MUCH SUGAR.

For more info visit the Crave Sydney website: http://www.cravesydney.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment