Pages

1.2.14

I took a walk

I love summer and I had a whole bunch of free time and generally the weather in Sydney has been good (read: HOT) except for that week that was just super rainy. What is up with that... That did not make me feel like I wanted to go anywhere. I had a friend visit Sydney back in January. He's been teaching English in South Korea for the past year and he chose to spend his winter vacation (since it's winter over there) back in Sydney. So he wanted to visit all his workplaces, uni and just generally see Sydney. So below are some photos from one of the days we wandered the city!

Untitled

Main walkway of UNSW. My first university and how my friend that visited and I met, kinda. We met through a friend of a friend who went to UNSW. That's kinda how I make friends now. Through friends of friends. I don't think I've met a stranger and then we became friends. Well, except at work, I guess?
Untitled

The Scientia
Untitled

Australian School of Business
Untitled
Untitled

So UNSW, in the time that I have graduated, has gotten all fancy with all these new shops and restaurants. JELLY.
Untitled
Untitled
Get it??? XD

Then we headed down to Central Park near Central Station and opposite the UTS Tower. It's that new residential and shopping complex. It's pretty artsy. It has a lot of creative exhibitions and spaces.
Untitled

The reflective pose is supposed to be in the vein of Rodin's The Thinker. Can you tell?
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I loved this space. It had a piano and seats and anyone can play. It was empty when we were there. I could only bust out a fur bars of Fur Elise. Then my friend and I did the Heart and Soul obligatory duet. Need to learn new songs or bring sheet music next time.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This outside behind the shopping complex. I don't know what it does except spin.
Untitled
Untitled

I think this a UTS building getting a facelift?
Untitled

#HIPSTERSANTA. Why did I not know this was a thing?
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Sydney summer, when you have a lot of free time, has the best vibe. It gives me the best feeling. Something about it (probably all that sun and sky) just makes me feel really good about the world. All hopeful and positive! So I'm gonna enjoy this last month of summer. I need to get to a beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment