Pages

18.4.14

Korea - Day 2

Well, on this long weekend I finally feel a little productive. So let's continue with the Korea posts! DAY 2!

When I last left you I had just gone to bed after a long first day. It was November and wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. I slept in my giraffe onesie that I brought with me. It was super warm. I was sweating in my sleep.

The friend that I was staying with had class that day and I was headed to Daegu with another friend. So we were up pretty early in the morning. Early being relative because generally if I don't have uni or work I sleep until it's embarrassingly late.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It was a very lovely autumn morning and we were off to have breakfast at a place my friend recommended.

Untitled
Untitled

We had breakfast at this place.

Untitled

Obviously you get side dishes at a Korean restaurant.

Untitled
Untitled

So this was breakfast. A soup, rice dish. It was very good on a cold autumn morning. The name escapes me! And it was very healthy. I felt really good about myself after that breakfast.

Then my friend and I departed Seoul for Daegu. This involved taking the train to the bus terminal at Gangnam. The bus terminal is pretty massive and was a little confusing for a first-timer like me. You buy your tickets from a ticket window. There are different types of buses and there are lots of bus gates. We got on a pretty nice bus. Nice seats. Then we were on our way to Daegu. It's about maybe 2 hours by bus.

Untitled

Trees from the bus. I also, in the search for more photos of the bus ride, realised that I didn't take many photos of the bus. I mostly slept.

Untitled

A photo from the rest stop that we took about halfway through the bus ride.

Untitled
Untitled

Once we got to the bus terminal we still had to catch a train to my friend's apartment. Then we were headed to Downtown Daegu for some Saturday night fun!

So Daegu, according to Wiki, is the 4th largest city in South Korea and is about 198 kilometres from Seoul. It's much closer to Busan, which is on the other side side of the country.

Untitled

So this is where we going to meet up with some other friends.

Untitled
Untitled

Look at all those shops!

Untitled

And this photo only exists because I was told this place was awesome but I never got to eat there.

Untitled

So we had dinner here which was a buffet that also had a sushi train. Which is awesome. Unlimited sushi for a set price. The best.

Untitled

Also, for a little bit of extra won (the currency in Korea not the English word won) you can have unlimited Cass beer on tap. Self-serve. That would not work in Australia. There would be so much mess.

Untitled
Untitled

Then we went to an Irish bar for more drinks. There was a live band playing and lots of what I'm going assume are also English teachers.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I got to try a long island iced tea in a bag. I was told that Korea doesn't have something like an RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) so generally cocktails are stronger than they would be here in Australia. This was my ruin.

Untitled

The above is a self-serve bar. You go to the fridge, pick your beer, drink your beer then pay later. I do not recall the paying of my beer. I don't recall a lot.

Untitled

A map of the world, and beers?

Untitled

We then left the self-serve place to go home. Self-serve place right is next to the cocktail in a bag place. I vaguely remember up to this point. I got to meet some of my friend's friends who are also teaching English in Korea. Apparently, I don't recall, that I kept telling one of them that koalas have chlamydia. I further don't recall that we caught a taxi back to my friend's apartment. Or getting into the apartment and I vaguely remember changing into my PJs. Yep. Good times.

To  Be Continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment