Pages

2.8.14

Korea - Day 5

Long time, no blog! Soon it'll be a year since this trip and I won't even have posted everything! My motivation comes in waves. XD

You may or may not recall that Day 4 in Korea, I travelled to Busan. On Day 5, we start in Busan again. I woke up at a reasonably early time because I was going visit a pretty famous temple in Busan. I had to check out of the hostel which meant I had my Sportsgirl duffle bag (if you're Australian or been to Australia you know what bag I'm talking about), which held my clothes and other essentials that didn't fit into my backpack with me, being all large and heavy.

First stop was Paris Baguette for breakfast. Paris Baguette is similar I guess to Breadtop, basically. Except they also have, well at this one at least, coffee and other drinks and a place to sit to eat.

Untitled
Untitled

That chef's hat. Fancy.

Untitled

My breakfast and my favourite item on their menu. I was using my 50mm f/1.8mm lens, hence all the blur.

Untitled

And a cafe latte. I think I've mentioned this before, but Korea doesn't do coffee well, in my opinion.

Untitled

I then made my way to the train station and I love that they have lockers there. I shoved my Sportsgirl bag in there, and attempted to remember where this set of lockers was. I was headed to Haedong Yonggungsa Temple (해동 용궁사), a temple that overlooks the ocean.

To get to Yongkung Temple I had to go back to Haeundae and catch a bus from there. You can use your T-Money on the bus to the temple. For some reason, I was a little unsure whether you could. I read that sometimes some areas of Korea don't accept T-Money and they have their own version of it. In my time in Korea I could the same T-Money on all transport. I got on this bus and I got a seat but then these older ladies got on the bus and with my rudimentary Korean I gave them my seat and told them to sit down. Someone soon vacated the seen and this older lady and I were trying to outdo each other with politeness, I guess. I was headed for the seat and then I saw the older lady and I was like "No, you sit down" and she was all like "No, you sit down" and this continued until she had to gently push me into the seat. I think she was being super nice because I was a tourist. And when I got off the bus and started walking the wrong way towards the temple and she nicely told me (I assumed, I couldn't understand and she pointed as well) that it was the other way.

It's a little bit of an uphill walk from the bus stop to the temple. I was basically following other people who I assumed were headed in the same direction.

Untitled

Stone statues line the path on your way into the temple.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I don't know what these are but I like them.

Untitled

I like this photo but I'm a little upset that I didn't take the photo straight on.

Untitled

I love all that intricate detail in the painting.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Look at that ocean. I love the ocean. I can barely swim but I love the ocean.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Look how cute that bench is!

Untitled

This was my last day in Busan and I felt like I hadn't explore as much as I should. I think, if I ever travel to Korea again I would spend a longer time there. Apparently, summer in Busan is a lot of fun. Anyway, the last thing I decided to see while in Busan was Busan Tower. Because I love towers too.

To get to the tower you have to either walk up the stairs or take the narrow escalator. At this point, my feet were killing me. Still in pain from the previous day so the less walking, the better.

Untitled

And the tower!

Untitled
Untitled

Surrounding the tour, anywhere there was space, were all these love locks and placards. It made everything look so pretty. So much colour!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Inside there were these awesome tiles with messages on them. I assume messages are in the same vein of the love locks and placards

Untitled
Untitled

And the view from the tower. The city looks like Lego and miniature!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Then back to the station to head back to Daegu. And remember those lockers? I barely did. I did laps of the station looking at the numbers of almost every set of lockers before I could find mine. Took the KTX back to Daegu and was a little late to meet my friends in Daegu because I got off the wrong exit! Yay for Google Maps on phone.

Then it was dinner time and we had samgyetang, ginseng chicken soup. Perfect for a cold night.

Untitled

And then giant tubs of ice-cream because we could.

Untitled

I was staying the night at my friend's apartment in Daegu. Right near her apartment is a E-Mart, which is just an everything shopping centre.

They had a wide selection of beer.

Untitled

And soju, for roughing $2 or less a bottle. What in the even.

Untitled

And then giant, plastic bottles of soju, for like 4 bucks.

Untitled

Then back to my friend's apartment where she took me to the roof of her building. So dark and so late, we were a little freaked out.

Untitled
Untitled

To Be Continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment