Pages

22.1.16

Korea - Day 9

The end of these series of travel posts from November 2013 is near! Am terrible procrastinator.

***

Day 9 was my last full day in Korea. I hadn't really spent too much time in Seoul since I was mostly travelling to visit friends in other parts of Korea. As my last full day in Korean and also Seoul I aimed to visit the major tourist attractions. Miraculously not hungover, I had cup ramen and instant coffee for breakfast and headed to Changgyeonggung Palace.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

My feet hurt a lot from walking around the palace and its gardens and thus a coffee break was deserved. Also, I needed to find a power point to recharge all the things. I found an actual Korean Tom N Toms and had another subpar coffee. Ah, well.

Untitled

On the way back to the train station I spotted some Australian faves.

Untitled
Untitled

My next stop was actual Seoul metro to see Gyeongbokgung Palace which, from my experience there, one of the most popular tourist destinations.

Untitled

By this time of the day I was tired and just felt obligated to see the palace because it's what a tourist should do. As such, I was so tired of taking photos of anything.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I was so tired after this and I had a fail attempt to see Namsan Tower. The line to get up to it was very long and it wasn't going to happen. My friend who was with me who came up to Seoul for my last night booked a hotel. I had to catch an airport bus and I was worried the bus from my friend's apartment where I was staying would make me late for my flight. Hence the hotel booked closer-ish to the airport. I decided to pull an all nighter which in hindsight was terrible. I was brain dead on the way to the airport and wrecked for the next day.

I made my friend go on a middle of the night trip to the Han River, Seoul's main river. It was close to 0 degrees Celsius and I was not wearing enough clothes but I hadn't seen the river yet and despite it being the middle of the night I wanted to see it.

Untitled

Totally worth it, right? Totally visible.

Snacks by the Han River
Untitled

We ate some snacks by the river and tried not to freeze to death. Took the taxi back to the hotel before the early morning, I think 5am-ish, bus. FYI, if you catch this bus have the correct money because they do not have change. I didn't have enough on my T-Money either. The Japanese lady waiting in line behind me was nice enough to give me smaller bills for my money. Lucky I was so tired and out of my mind to be embarrassed about it. I had other things to be embarrassed about. At the airport I dropped my strawberry milk (while waiting in the incorrect line and place to return my Wi-Fi device) and it made a mess everywhere and I just quickly left the area.

Untitled

Last photo from Korea is the plane! I took a Japan Airlines flight from Seoul to Tokyo.

Overall, I really enjoyed my trip to Korea. Next time I go I hope to go for a longer time and if not a longer time just to be in one city longer. I definitely didn't see everything I wanted to see in Seoul and I didn't get to hang out with the friend I stayed with in Seoul for that long either. I did get quite lonely when I was by myself but also, I was pretty chuffed that even when I was by myself I could somehow manage to get around pretty well.

And after 2 years, the Korea part of these series of posts is done! Up next my short trip to Tokyo!

To Be Continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment